Primal Rage, Behind the Scenes
Holy Cross Tortoise Beetle - Aspidomorpha sanctaecrucis
The Holy Cross Tortoise Beetle, Aspidomorpha sanctaecrucis (Coleoptera - Chrysomelidae) is a species of tortoise beetle found in Southeastern Asia.
These beetles live and feed on leaves of Ipomoea fistulosa. Like all tortoise beetles they can pull their cuticle down on to the surface of the leaf which seals them off from any unwanted attention from predators. They get their name because from directly above they look as if they have been crucified.
Every time this post comes around, I have to explain this.
Watch Dennou Coil, the most underrated anime pretty much ever.
- Yes, this is the standard of animation throughout the series.
- AND THIS IS A FILLER EPISODE.
- It’s basically about kids with what’s essentially Google Glass: The Game. The whole world is affected by this game. Traffic lights, school, anything.
- It’s good in the beginning and gets really, really good by the end.
- Shows the vulnerabilities of children.
- Well-written children in general. They fall under some tropes but they don’t suffer from the usual fallacies of writing children into series.
- And yeah, the filler episodes are really good. The whole series is worth watching.
Reblogging as a reminder to myself
wish this show was longer.
PLEASE WATCH DENNOU COIL IT’S REALLY COOL!!!!!
This is the episode I always think of when I think about how much I love the visuals in Dennou Coil. Still an amazing show that not enough people have seen.
Kifwebe mask from the Luba People of D.R. Congo (mid 1900s). Wood, red, white & black paint, 13 in. The grooves symbolize animals with striped skin, like porcupines, zebras or antelopes. The round masks were especially danced at funerals of important persons. via Zemanek-Münster Auktion
…I know It’s probably hard to notice but I really like Greninja haha :D
Also, who’s excited for ssb4? Only a week till the release yesssss
jacksachs: Worm food - My submission for this months 15Folds on the theme of extinction.
Casually brings back pictures from Valentine’s Day for this.
I’m not the best at baking, but I do love it!
so cute omg
My little secret.
trying to present simple concepts that work best with a casual/unplanned atmosphere in a polished illustration
Behold the most disgustingly aggressive display of Americanness
I’m just picturing some dude sitting at the dinner table, his assault rifles propped up in the other chairs
"Can you pass the salad, Mom?" he asks the AK-47, but she doesn’t pass the salad
She never passes the salad